Sunday, July 30

How uncanny!

Wireless Mighty MouseHot on the heels of my "The mightiest mouse" post, Apple have brought out the Wireless Mighty Mouse, which I have to say looks pretty darn promising.

I first heard word via TUAW after some idle soul found a prototype published on the FCC's website, as is required of laser products. The very next day it was up on Apple Store ready for buyers.

Apart from being wireless the mouse has a couple of other features which set it apart from its antecedent. For a start there is laser tracking replacing that old fashioned optical stuff everyone else is using. Apparently it does make a difference to the way the mouse feels over the Apple Wireless Mouse, which I have right now. The wireless connection is over bluetooth, so no stupid dongle required (take that PC folks) and excepting that the mouse is exactly the same as the wired Mighty Mouse. Same 360° scroll ball, right clicker (it'll be revolutionary I swear), and side squeezy buttons.

Rather oddly, but kool anyway, is the mouse's ability to run on either one or two AA batteries... I guess in case you get into some sticky situation where you only have one battery.

The mouse seems to be exactly what I need, and no doubt I'll get one to complement my new MacBook, whenever I'm actually rich enough to afford one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home