Wednesday, August 9

Surfing the int... RSS feeds

RSS iconSafari got me into RSS a good year ago, and now I wonder how I ever lived without the beast. Having the news come to me makes life that bit easier and for a change in my life I feel like I'm up to date, and I don't even have to try.

Like most of my fellow Mac users I am a NetNewsWire boy, although only the lite version, because I'm a dirty pauper. I started out with Safari and loved the premise. Then I gave NewsFire a wee seeing to, but within five minutes moved to the little goer NetNewsWire, and I haven't looked back since.

All the stories that interest me stream in and are there ready and waiting for me when I feel like something to read. I can't imagine life without it.

Vigilant Mac users will have noticed that Leopard's iteration of Mail will handle RSS feeds. I'm still in my head trying to decide whether I will like this. The reason I moved away from Safari's RSS functionality was because I preferred to keep RSS and websites in separate apps, and... I think I'd prefer to keep Mail for, well, mail. That said, Apple seem to be pushing Mail as a do-it-all, Entourage-like, life-management app with the addition of To-dos and Notes previewed in the keynote speech on Monday. I guess I shall just have to try it out and see, but I have a feeling NetNewsWire will remain on my dock for some time yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home